Thursday, November 19, 2009

Dear Mom,
I gave Grandma our birthday gift today. I know she thought it was really special to have something from you that and I got for her. She got teary when we gave it to her:). Speaking of, last night Dad had me get some of your clothes out of your closet, almost all of them, I could remember being with you when you were buying them. I know each time I wear them it will be like hugging you. In the back of your closet was a cute sweatshirt that I remember you buying at Mervyns last year. You hadn't even taken the tag off. I am calling it my Christmas gift from you. So thank you.

Jason got his big boy bed yesterday and he, loves it. Although now Kara is so jealous of it that she wants a 'new' bed too. We moved the crib into Molly's room. We sure are getting our use out of it. Thank you for saving it for us.

I was just making my list for Thanksgiving, I hope all that you taught me comes back and I can make you proud of my dinner. Dad is getting your chocolate pie recipie out so that we can have those! Remember when we went shopping for thanksgiving when I was pregnant with Kara? And we were in the parking lot of WINCO and that person yelled at us for talking in the parking lot. What I wouldn't give to be chatting in the parking lot with you:(.
Love Always,
Kristen

3 comments:

  1. Kristen, love your letters to your mom, so sweet and a great way to still talk to her. My dad's been gone 11 years, miss him...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Chocolate Pie. I will miss that. You Mom made the BEST Choclate Pie, my childhood favorite (adulthood too)... if you care to share I will happily bake chocolate pies for my kids too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dad is making her chocolate pie for thanksgiving! And I can get you the recipie.

    ReplyDelete